Wednesday 30 September 2009

Bye Bye Grandad



Its a sad day for me today, my Grandad died this morning at the ripe old age of 89. He had been ill for quite a few months with several spells in hospital and a care home and had become a bit depressed at being unable to get out and about and do things, so at least I can take comfort that he is at peace now. I will always remember him as busy and active, he loved his fishing and chasing around after my girls and supplying them with an endless supply of quality street and little toys from the post office when he collected his pension. Further back, when I was little, I remember him peeling grapes for me, shopping for tins of 'shandy' that I never drank on a Saturday and trips to the seaside. I will miss him a lot.

1 comment:

  1. I am very sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family the best.

    Jessica Lynn

    ReplyDelete